Upgrading kitchen table set
This week, Julie Loiselle, from La Fleur Rustique, shows you how to upgrade a kitchen table set and its four chairs with Colorantic products. A magnificent Shabby Chic style project that will make your dining room the centrepiece of your home! Here are a few words from Madame Loiselle before starting the transformation of this magnificent kitchen table. “I found this maple table and chairs for sale on the Facebook Marketplace classifieds. I gave it a new Shabby Chic look.”
Steps for the chairs
- Wash the chairs so you don’t leave any dust or residue of any kind.
- Apply primer to all four chairs.
- Paint the chairs with Colorantic Cotton Ball chalk-based paint.
- Varnish the chairs with Colorantic Topcoat matte varnish.
Steps for the table
- Strip the entire kitchen table to remove the varnish already in place.
- Sand the entire kitchen table so that the White Cloud Glaze adheres better to the surface.
- Apply Cloud White Glaze on the table, including the legs for a whitewash effect.
- Varnish the top of the kitchen table with several coats (3 coats). Note that you must wait until the varnish is dry before applying an additional layer for maximum results.