Now over 17 weeks pregnant, I thought it would be a good idea to start decorating my third child’s room. So I wanted to give it a rather rustic look. To do this, I was actively looking for an old cupboard to revamp with Colorantic chalk paint, to give this little room in our house some much-deserved charm. Then, vere’s how I got to where I am today!
List of products used
- Sandblasting block
- Colorantic Cappuccino 32 oz paint
- Colorantic 1 1/2″ 38 mm natural silk angled brush
- Red cabaret set with handle and two velvet-finish foam rollers
- Cardboard box
- First, find the perfect cabinet for your project. However, if you don’t have it on hand, you can do a little research using various search engines, such as Facebook Marketplace, Kijiji or Les Pacs, to find the perfect piece of furniture at a reasonable price.
- Next, prepare the furniture by lightly sanding it with the sanding block. Then clean your cabinet with a cloth and water. What’s more, there’s no need to sandblast the cabinet down to the original wood, as we’ll be covering it with paint. But all you need to do is create a little adhesion, so that Colorantic paint adheres better to the surface…
- Thirdly, trim your furniture using your Colorantic 38mm natural bristle angled brush.
- Fourth, using the red cabaret set and your foam roller, apply Colorantic’s Cappuccino paint (or the color of your choice) to your cabinet.
- While you wait (about 30 minutes) between the first and second coats, paint the handles. However, insert them in a cardboard box to make it easier to apply the paint to them. Colorantic’s chalk paint dries quickly.
- Then, once your furniture is dry, you can apply the second coat. To do so,
steps three and four of the above process.
- Finally, place the handles on your cabinet once it is dry.
All in all, it’s a relatively straightforward project that, given its size, takes some time to complete. Whatever the case, this wardrobe adds much-needed charm to the bedroom of our long-awaited third child! We’re ready for him. And you don’t have to be a painting expert to carry out this kind of makeover. Colorantic paint is even easier to use and applies beautifully.