No products in the cart
HOW TO UPDATE A NIGHT STAND ON A BUDGET
Claudia our designer at Colorantic loves to give a second life to furniture.
She inherited some furniture from her boyfriends grandmother. This little night stand is perfect for an evening project.
To give a contemporary look while keeping the vintage look of this piece. Claudia chose the colour Cotton Ball that goes well with everything in your house.
Step 1 – Clean, sand and prepare the piece of furniture
- Remove the drawer
- Take off the drawer handle.
- Apply the cleaner on all of the surfaces, using a paper towel and let it work for 10 minutes.
- Rince well two times to remove any residue.
- Sand lightly using your sanding block, then make sure to remove any dust
- Apply two coats of oil primer using your roller.
- Let it dry for 30 minutes between each coat of primer.
It is now the moment of pleasure! You can start painting!
Step 2 – Paint
- With the help of a # 6 oval brush start painting all the hard to reach places. With your foam roller do the corners, moldings,inside the drawer and the drawer front with the colour of your choice.(we used Cotton Ball in this project)
- Next, use your roller to paint the rest of the piece of the furniture. The foam roller gives a more even finish on larger surfaces.
- Repeat this process until you get your desired finish. In this project we gave it three coats.
Step 3 – The Protector
- Once the paint has time to properly dry, it is time to apply the varnish using a foam roller and the Colorantic paint brush.
- We used two coats of varnish. We waited 30 minutes between coats.
Step 4 – Apply Wallpaper
- Measure the bottom of the piece as well as the sides to be able to cut the right size of the paper that you will need.
- Only remove part of the paper backing and place it, taking precaution that it is straight. Then remove the rest of the backing.
So this is it, a beautiful transformation in one evening. For this night stand our designer used a 16oz container of Cotton Ball and one knob. She used an oil primer and cleaner that she already had. A nice transformation for around 35$.
Blogueuse / Consultante / Designer