Upgrading a veranda
After 26 years, our veranda was in dire need of sprucing up.
Living in the beautiful Laurentian region, we wanted to bring all the beauty of nature inside the veranda.
I was completely in love with Nature, one of Colorantic new colours.
This beautiful colour was my inspiration for this piece.
It all started with adding colour to the room and upcycling a table and chairs found on Marketplace.
- Colorantic’s Cleaner and Varnish Remover
- Colorantic’s Oil Based Primer
- Paint Brushes and Hand
- Colorantic’s Cotton Ball Paint (table)
- Colonrantic’s Nature Paint (chairs)
- Small microfibre roller
- Colorantic’s Foam Roller
- Colorantic’s 55mm Paint Brush
- Pumice Soap for Wax by Colorantic
- Colorantic’s #6 Oval Synthetic Brush
- Colonrantic’s small Snow White Paint Brush
- Blue Multi-use Shop Towel
- Colorantic’s Matte Varnish
- Colorantic’s Two Grit Sanding Block
Step 1 – The Preparation
- Spray the Cleaner and Varnish Remover on the table and chairs and use a blue multi-purpose towel to make sure the product is evenly spread on all the surfaces. Let it work for 30 minutes.
- Rinse well twice using clear water in order to remove all residues.
- Use the sanding block in order to scratch up the surfaces.
- Apply the primer with a foam roller and the 55mm and #6 Oval brushes.
- Now it’s time to add some colour.
Step 2 – The Paint
- Apply the colour Cotton Ball using the foam roller for the top of the table and the #6 oval brush for the legs.
- Apply Nature on the chairs using the 55mm foam roller and the #6 oval brush.
- Repeat this process if necessary.
Step 3 – The Protection
Once the paint has dried completely, you can apply the varnish using a foam roller and the Snow White Brush.