No products in the cart
Antique wardrobe, table and decals
Antique wardrobe and side table
I found this wardrobe on Marketplace for free! Yes, you heard it right.
And the little side table was given to me. I wanted to create a little set and my inspiration came when I saw a kit of decals that were on liquidation at the hardware store. This is when I decided to experiment with the decals and some Colorantic chalk based paint.
List of Products Used:
- Colorantic Oil Based Primer
- Chalk Based Paint – Night
- Colorantic Top Coat – Varnish
- Colorantic #6 Synthetic Oval Purple Brush
- Chalk Based Paint – Cotton Ball
- Colorantic Synthetic Snow White Brush
- Colorantic Two Grain Sanding Block
- Yellow Velvet Foam Roller
- Colorantic Mango Hand and Brush Pumice Soap
Step One- Preparing your piece of furniture
- A good sanding to remove any varnish…
- Something I should have done but didn’t(was using a coat of oil primer)which means that I had to use more paint. I should have asked the fantastic Colorantic team for the steps before starting.
- It is now time to apply your paint.
Step 2 – Paint
- Two coats of Night were applied on the side table.
- For each coat, I dipped my paintbrush into my paint then sprayed my brush two or three times with water.
- I waited 20 minutes before giving it a second coat.
- Next, for the white wardrobe, it’s a little more complicated… it doesn’t cover as well no matter what paint company you use. By using my primer I only had to apply three coats of paint.
And here you have it, for a very low cost I was able to transform an outdated wardrobe and a side table and now have a completely different set.
Myriam Provost - Plan B AtelierFurniture makeover workshop with chalk paint, a therapy that helps me fight my eating disorder! It keeps me busy and helps me not to skim!
Can you paint melamine? It’s possible with Colorantic!
Can you paint melamine? Painting melamine, is that possible? With Colorantic products, yes it is! Bénédicte Girard from La Belle Commode explains how this is possible
A new collaboration with the talented Rosalie Taillefer-Simard!
New Collaboration The Colorantic team is proud to present its latest collaboration with the talented Rosalie Taillefer-Simard! Discover her first project with our product