Antique wardrobe and side table
I found this wardrobe on Marketplace for free! Yes, you heard it right.
And the little side table was given to me. I wanted to create a little set and my inspiration came when I saw a kit of decals that were on liquidation at the hardware store. This is when I decided to experiment with the decals and some Colorantic chalk based paint.
List of Products Used:
- Colorantic Oil Based Primer
- Chalk Based Paint – Night
- Colorantic Top Coat – Varnish
- Colorantic #6 Synthetic Oval Purple Brush
- Chalk Based Paint – Cotton Ball
- Colorantic Synthetic Snow White Brush
- Colorantic Two Grain Sanding Block
- Yellow Velvet Foam Roller
- Colorantic Mango Hand and Brush Pumice Soap
Step 1- Preparing your piece of furniture
- A good sanding to remove any varnish…
- Something I should have done but didn’t(was using a coat of oil primer)which means that I had to use more paint. I should have asked the fantastic Colorantic team for the steps before starting.
- It is now time to apply your paint.
Step 2 – Paint
- Two coats of Night were applied on the side table.
- For each coat, I dipped my paintbrush into my paint then sprayed my brush two or three times with water.
- I waited 20 minutes before giving it a second coat.
- Next, for the white wardrobe, it’s a little more complicated… it doesn’t cover as well no matter what paint company you use. By using my primer I only had to apply three coats of paint.
And here you have it, for a very low cost I was able to transform an outdated wardrobe and a side table and now have a completely different set.