No products in the cart
How to Reuse Old Cabinets
Re-using old cabinets
Our veranda transformation is going well but to obtain additional storage space, we recuperated two cabinets that previously served as linen cupboards.
This wonderful color Zen from Colorantic inspired me to give them a second life.
This colour Zen goes well with the colour Nature that was used on the chairs. Two words that inspire relaxation, what more can you ask for!
- Colorantic’s #6 Oval Synthetic Brush
- Paint Brushes and Hand
Blue Multi-use Shop Towels
Step 1 – Cleaning and updating cabinets
- Remove the doors.
- Apply our Varnis Remover and Cleaner to all surfaces, apply with the help of a paper towel, let sit 10 minutes to give it time to work.
- Make moldings using( ¼ x 2 ½ MDF).
- Apply one coat of primer using your roller.
- Do a light sanding with your sanding block then wipe off any dust.
- On the sides of your cupboards nail on your moldings using a nail gun.
It is now time to apply your colour.
Step 2 – Paint
- Using your roller and your no. 6 oval brush apply the colour Zen on all of the surfaces.
- Repeat this step if necessary.
Step 3 – Protection
- When your paint has had time to properly dry, it is time to apply the varnish using your foam roller and a Snow White brush.
- Once it has had time to dry and for the best protection it is recommended to apply a second coat.
Diane LavoieDiane Lavoie is a great Colorantic paint enthusiast. At first a faithful consumer of our chalk paint from wire to brush, we started collaborating with her. Very talented, with a completely natural sense of style and her projects are always sumptuous! Diane is very creative and she understands how to get a lot with little. His blog posts are always interesting. Here is a selection of articles written by Diane Lavoie. - Recycle a window using Colorantic paint - Transforming old cabinets Diane Lavoie is particularly active in giving you advice in the French-speaking Facebook group '' TRUCS/Déco en tout genre ''. She shows you her latest projects, new products, her inspirations of the moment, her interventions are always relevant! Diane does not only like decorating and painting. She is a woman of heart who loves to celebrate her family, her husband but also her faithful feline friend Cinnamon, who loves to embellish the decorations too. Word from Diana; Our dream is to restore an old house. We acquired a house built in 1906 and in 1992 this adventure began. I like the decor and I like the originality. Seven years ago I discovered a passion for the upgrading of furniture and various recovered objects. Now that the house has been completely restored, I have great pleasure in personalizing it exclusively and at a low price.
Give a Second Life to used furniture with Colorantic Products
TV Furniture Chalk Painting When we move into a new home, our existing used furniture may no longer match our new theme. The same situation was experienced by Youtuber Je
How to upgrade a coffee table
Upgrading a coffee table This week, Lucie, blogger at Colorantic, shows us how to upgrade a coffee table. Thus, you will be able to follow, step by step, how to recreate