How to restore furniture with Colorantic products
Do you like to upcycle furniture?
Colorantic gives you all its little tricks to make your projects a success.
It has never been easier to restore furniture with Colorantic!
Do not hesitate to contact us before starting your project. It will be our pleasure to advise and guide you.
819-795-4442 or [email protected]
Follow each step carefully and you’re done!
Watch our video “How to restore furniture with Colorantic?”
List of products used
Colorantic Cleaner and Varnish Remover
Colorantic Chalk-Based Paint of your choice
Colorantic Top Coat
Colorantic Sandblasting Block
Colorantic Tangerine Granular Soap
Colorantic Grip-all Oil-Based or Water-Based Primer
Colorantic Paint Brush of your choice
1. Thoroughly clean the surface with our Polish Cleaner & Remover to remove any old products on your furniture. Our Colorantic varnish cleaner and make-up remover removes all dirt, grease and residue from your furniture. Spray and leave on for 30 minutes for best results. Then clean with a damp cloth. Repeat as needed.
2. Sand with our Sanding Blocks for easier application. Doing a good sanding is a step that should not be overlooked. By lightly scratching the surface of your furniture, this will allow a better adhesion of our chalk paint. This also helps to remove all traces of old varnish. Sand until there is no luster left, matte.
3. Apply our Oil or Water Based Primer for better adhesion of our chalk paint. This creates an effective barrier that will allow the paint to better cling to your furniture. If your furniture has had water-based paint before, please use our Water-based Gripper. If you think what was on your furniture was oil paint, use our Oil Primer. IF YOU HESITATE, IN THIS CASE, ALWAYS TAKE OUR OIL PRIMER.
***How do you know if you should use a water-based or oil-based primer? Before you begin your project, take a swab or ear pick and soak it in rubbing alcohol. Rub the pad on your furniture… If paint appears on your pad, it means it’s water-based paint, so use our Water-based Grip-all Primer. If you look at your stamp and there’s nothing on it, that means it’s oil paint, so use our Oil Primer.***
The steps to follow
4. Paint your furniture with our Colorantic chalk-based paint. Choose the color of your choice and spread it over the entire surface. Our chalk paint is creamy, opaque and easily covers any surface. It will give your furniture a matte, vintage effect and often just one coat is enough. Repeat as needed and for desired effect. You will notice that our Colorantic chalk paint does not emit any odour and is totally ecological respecting all Health Canada standards. In addition, our plastic jars are reusable.
5. Apply the Matte Varnish at the very end, when everything is completely dry. Our Matte Varnish acts as long-term protection and contains only 5% gloss, which gives a matte effect. For better protection put 2-3 layers so that your furniture is washable every day. (If you use products other than those of Colorantic… It should be noted that Colorantic products are only compatible with Quebec or Canadian products).
***Know that we also have Waxes and Glazes that can act as protectors on your furniture. The wax has more of an exfoliating texture and takes about ten days to dry. Our waxes allow an old vintage look and highlight the depths and accents of your furniture. Our glazes, on the other hand, add shine and also take a few days to dry. For any questions about our Matt varnish, Waxes or Glazes, do not hesitate to contact us, we will explain the particularity of each one.***
6. Try our Tangerine Scent Granular Soap to wash your brushes. Our gentle foaming soap helps clean your brushes easily and can also be used as a hand soap. An important final step that will give your brush hairs softness, allowing you to reuse them many times. Our Colorantic granular soap contains pumices which, when rubbed, allow effective and gentle cleaning. You’ll love our Colorantic granular soap!
Avant de commencer votre projet, nous vous conseillons de tester nos peintures et autres produits sur des petits de bois ou autres moulures. Cela vous donnera une bonne idée de la couleur, de la texture, de la quantité nécessaire et du résultat.
Si vous désirez avoir encore plus d’idées de revalorisation de meubles, vous pouvez consulter le groupe suivant:
Inscrivez-vous à notre: