How to paint fabric
Fabric Painting Instructions
- Spray your fabric with water until damp.
- Mix 1-part water, 1-part ColoranticTM Clear Window Glaze, and 1-part Colorantic
- Apply your mixture with any of the ColoranticTM round paint brushes.
- Sand with a 120-grain sand paper or a ColoranticTM’s sanding block
- Reapply your mixture 2 – 5 times on your fabric, adding more paint and reducing the amount of
water each time : 1 part of paint, 1/2 part of Clear Glaze, 1/4 part of water.
- A pale-coloured fabric painted with a pale-coloured paint will only require 2-3 coats, whereas a dark or textured (such as velour) fabric with a light colour will absorb more, and may require up to 5 coats.
- Waiting 24 hours between each coat is recommended (or until dry when you touch it).
- Apply a heavy coat of ColoranticTM Natural Beeswax, gently wiping away the excess with a clean, dry cloth.
- Wait until the wax dries and TA-DA, you will have an updated chair or couch, without financial ruin!
*Share your transformation ideas with us with Before/After photo’s at email@example.com