No products in the cart
How to mix Vintage and Romantic Style together
- Varnish Remover and Cleaner
- Colorantic Oil Primer
- Colorantic chalk based paint: Grapefruit
- Colorantic chalk based paint: Dusty Rose
- Colorantic Wax
- #6 oval paint brush and Snow White brush
- Colorantic sanding block
- cloth(old t-shirt)
- Screw driver
- decorative handles
- I had underestimated all the preperation it would take to start my piece of furniture. This curio,has glass shelves, each shelf had to be removed as well as the hinges, the handle and all the other hardware.
- The previous owners had been very generous with the Pledge. Because of this, a good cleaning was needed. I used the Varnish Remover and Cleaner and let it sit on all of my surfaces to give it the time that it needed to work. I was impressive to watch it work. I did a good rincing two times with warm water.
- In order to optimize the perfect adherence for my paint, I roughly sanded all of my surfaces that I was going to paint. I then applied my oil based primer. Since my piece of furniture is made of Melamine, this assures the best adherence possible.
Step 2-The Paint
- I had pictured this piece of furniture painted Dusty Rose, but with a few more visible touches, which would coordinate well with a floral background. To achieve this, I painted a few sections with the colour Grapefruit in a random spots.
- Before the colour had time to completetly dry, I immediately applied the colour Dusty Rose, in order to maximize the marriage of the two colours. I did a little section at a time.
- When this step is completely dry I then applied a second coat of my Dusty Rose colour being careful not colver all of my Grapefruit colour. I applied where needed with a small brush.
Step 3-The Protector
- The next day, I was able to apply my natural bee wax with the help of my silk paint brush. It is very simple, using my brush that is designed for wax I preformed a movement going up and down and left to right to properly apply my wax.You could also have used a glaze or a varnish.
- I should mention that the wax taxes a little longer to dry. Depending on the quantity used, it could take a couple of weeks.
Step 4-The Little Touches
- It was with excitement that I began my final step, which was the floral background. There was a mirror and I decided not to remove it but instead stuck the paper right on the mirror. One section at a time, I prepared each paper in the desired size before coating the surface with Modpodge glue using the Snow White brush. I then was able to cover the last layer with another coat of Modgepodge to solidify my paper once the first coat had time to harden.
My curio now has a gentle, romantic feel to it. Now I put the hardware back on and carefully washed all of the glass. These steps are necessary if you want your project to be perfect and not be disappointed.
The satisfaction that you will feel when your project is completed will be worth all of the time that you put into it!
Colorantic bundles available online
Different Colorantic bundles are available on our online store. We offer various bundles that will allow you to try our products while saving! Some bundles are predefined,
Pink Ombre Dresser
My Pink Ombre Dresser: My love for creativity and art inspires me to search for projects. I spend hours and hours on Youtube looking at DIY projects. We all watch YouTuber