Find and prepare 🎨
When you search well and at the right time, you can find beautiful second-hand furniture, sometimes it is even free.
For this project, I got the dresser for $ 35. I deep cleaned it inside and out with TSP cleaner.
Then I sanded quickly with 120 sandpaper, then wiped again to remove dust. I fixed a few spots with wood putty, then sanded those specific spots and wiped off the dust.
Before making your furniture, you must also remember to remove the handles. The good preparation of the furniture is very important!
On this piece of furniture, I had to do two coats of primer. I sanded the surface between each coat with 120 grit sandpaper.
List of used products
- Cleaner & varnish remover
- Oil based primer grip-all Colorantic
- Chalk based paint ; Ballerina
- Chalk based paint ; Peony (was in the clearance section)
- Colorantic wax ; Natural (clear)
- Kit of Red Tray with Paint Handle Applicator and Two Yellow Velvet Foam Rolls
- Oval Purple Synthetic Paintbrush #10
- Colorantic sanding block
- Silicon molds (I choosed magnolias)
- Extra strong glue
- Paper towel
- Amazing Casting resin