No products in the cart
A Blackboard Wall with Colorantic
How to turn your wall into a Blackboard with Colorantic
My name is lamademoisell_ and I’m going to explain how to turn your wall into a Blackboard with Colorantic… Another chalk wall? Oh yes! These are the exact words my spouse said. I’m a big fan of chalkboard walls. It’s practical, unique and you can write whatever you want according to your mood. I already have 3 under my belt: in the children’s playroom, at my bakery and now in my garage.
Here are the steps to follow to turn any wall into a Blackboard…
List of products used
- Colorantic Cleaner and Varnish Remover
- 1 gallon of Colorantic chalkboard paint
- 1 Colorantic sanding block
- 1 set of our red cabaret with 1 paint handle and 2 Colorantic velvet foam rollers
- Colorantic Chalk Markers
- Colorantic eraser
- 1 dry cloth 1 wet cloth
- Colorantic adhesive green tape
- Colorantic Synthetic Angled Brush
How to do it?
First, be sure to thoroughly clean your surface to be painted. To do this, use our Colorantic Cleaner and Varnish Remover. If necessary, rub a little with our sanding block.
Then you can determine the measurements of your chalk wall with the green tape.
To start, take a Colorantic Angled Brush to cut around your chalkboard. Once done, roll the velvet foam roller all over your surface. You must repeat this step minimum 3 times for best results. Please note that our chalkboard paint is more liquid than our standard chalk-based paint.
Between each layer, allow a drying time of a minimum of 4 hours.
Very important: Be sure to sand and clean the dust with a dry cloth before applying the next coat.
After 5 long days of waiting, take a white chalk (on its full length) and pass it all over your wall so that your board is all white. Afterwards, clean the surface of your board with a damp cloth.
Finally, wait until everything is dry, about 1 hour
5 good reasons to use Colorantic products!
1. The Colorantic paint range is non-toxic and contains no lead. It contains only a tiny and small amount of volatile organic compound (VOC) which means that it does not contain any solvent which will propagate in gaseous form. Colorantic products therefore fully meet Health Canada requirements. Moreover, Colorantic is considered a very eco-friendly product.
2. The company offers products in recyclable/reusable plastic jars with screw-on lids. Finish metal pots.
3. Colorantic requires little or no preparation depending on the surface to be painted.
4. This liquid chalk-based paint has a high hiding power and dries very quickly. For a quick, well-done project, this is what you need.
5. You can choose from 32 colours, seasonal colours and you can create the colour you want with their tint bases.
If you want to have even more ideas for furniture revaluation, you can consult the following group:
La Mademoisellhttps://lamademoisell.com/ https://www.facebook.com/cynthiakost66/ https://www.instagram.com/lamademoisell_/
How to paint kitchen cabinets with Colorantic
Give your kitchen cabinets a makeover with our chalk-based paint! We all know that redoing a home's kitchen can be expensive. However, Colorantic has an inexpensive sol
1 Sep, 2020